The PM72 Summit is a virtual, 72-hour project management event that focuses on sharing practices and ideas, while bringing awareness of project management potential in the Atlassian ecosystem; all the while raising donations for charity.
The Summit is organized by Jexo, in partnership with Resolution and Old Street Solutions, and is planned for the 13 - 16th of June 2022.
Who will benefit from attending the PM72 Summit?
Anyone with an internet connection can enjoy the PM72 Summit; after all, it’s free to watch on YouTube!
To be more specific however, companies and individuals who are:
● Curious about project management
● Looking for PM tools and solutions
● Interested in networking in this space
● Looking to make a difference through charity
Yes, it is! You can watch the event on Youtube and join the Afterparties on Welo spaces to network and talk to speakers.
PM72 Summit is a fundraising event to raise money for the Malala fund charity that helps girls access free education.
Can I network and talk to the speakers during PM72 Summit?
Yes, you can! Join one of the 3 afterparties on Welo spaces and talk to the featured donors, speakers, and attendees.
How is the PM72 Summit structured?
The idea behind the PM72 Summit is to stream 72 hours of non-stop lproject management content in various time zones.
● 40+ live & recorded sessions
around topics related to risk management, marketing, change management, software, operations, teamwork processes (Agile teams), Atlassian tools, and use cases.
● At least 50 expert speakers
including Jurgen Appelo, Rodney Nissen - The Jira Guy and some awesome people from companies like Atlassian, Appfire, Easy Agile and more!
● Exciting activities & afterparties
to virtually entertain, network, teach and learn… where you may ask? The answer is welo.space, but wait until you see what’s in store!
What are the objectives of the PM72 Summit?
The PM72 Summit is designed to answer 3 main objectives:
● Teach project management practices for free
● Bring awareness to the Atlassian tools and solutions
● Raise as many donations as possible for charity
Fundraising for Malala fund
How does Malala Fund help girls succeed?
Co-founded by Malala Yousafzai and her father, Ziauddin, Malala Fund is working for a world where all girls can learn and lead. Learn more at malala.org.
4 key ingredients are in play when it comes to Malala Fund:
● They champion every girls' right to 12 years of free, safe, quality education
● They advocate for resources and policy changes needed to give all girls a secondary education
● They invest in local education leaders
● They amplify the voices of girls fighting for change
How can I donate to the Malala Fund?
You can either donate directly to Malala Fun using this fundraiser page.
Or you can buy PM72 merch in the shop (Shop is no longer available, thank you for your support!) 👉 all profits from the shop go to the Malala Fund charity.
PM72 Afterparties & Networking
What are PM72 afterparties?
The PM72 Afterparty is a great place to meet other event attendees, network, and talk to speakers for Q&A.
You can also discover new solutions and apps in the solution market where you can talk to partners.
Or learn something new in The Library and download project management resources like books, blueprints, or whitepapers.
How to join PM72 afterparties?
You can join the afterparties on the Welo space using this link.
After you join just add your name and avatar and navigate the virtual space to join the discussion groups and Q&As, talk to the partners in the solution market or discover free resources in the library.
If you feel lost there is an information kiosk where you can ask the event organizers any questions related to PM72.
When are PM72 afterparties happening?
Afterparties are happening over the 3 days, starting at different hours to cover all time zones.
The duration of the afterparties is always 2 hours.
🟣 Afterparty: Day 1 | 10:30PM - 0:30AM UTC 👉 Americas timezone
🔵 Afterparty: Day 2 | 5PM - 7PM UTC 👉 Europe & Africa timezone
🟢 Afterparty: Day 3 | 8AM - 10AM UTC 👉 Australia & Asia timezone
What can I do in PM72 afterparties?
You can join the Welo space to talk to the speakers and other attendees to network or Q&A on The Beach, on The Yacht, or in The Camp.
But you can also:
- Discover and download project management resources in The Library
- Learn more about Malala Fund and how to donate in The Air Balon
- Browse through the job offers in The Hiring pool
- Discover new solutions, apps, and talk to the partners in The Solution Market
- Have a breakout session in The Park
Can I meet speakers on PM72 afterparties?
Yes, you can!
Many speakers are joining the afterparties and you can join them for a chat and Q&A.
Different speakers will attend different afterparties so if you're looking for a specific speaker have a look at this list 👇
🟣 Afterparty: Day 1 | 10:30PM - 0:30AM UTC
Anshuman Dash - K15t
Brittany Joiner - How I Trello
Huwen Arnone - Deiser
Teodora Vasileva - Oldstreet solutions
Mithila Raikar Shigaonkar - Amoeoids
Karina Silva - Elements
Natalie Paramonova - Stiltsoft
Britta Elisabeth Neugebauer - Yasoon
Johanna Pichotka - Aptis
Julia Wester - 55degrees
Peter Weingärtner - Seibert Media
Gorka Puente - Appfire
Jimmy Seddon - Jimmy talks Jira
Valdemar Zavadsky - shieldoo
Andreas Schmidt - Yasoon
Ravi Sagar - Sparxsys
Stefan Kleineikenscheidt - K15t
Daniel Ballabas - Everit
Attila Gáspár - Meta-inf
Craig Willson - Automation consultants
David Hanke - Seibert Media
Matthias Gaiser - K15t
Hanieh Alibakhsh - Accencure
Lukas Gotter - Meetical
Evelien Moriau - Accenture
Nikki Zavadska - Jexo
🔵 Afterparty: Day 2 | 5PM - 7PM UTC
Nicholas Ellis - ALM Works
Amber Morey-Wu - Atlassian
Chloe Hall - Easy Agile
Daniel Franz - Fine Software
Hayley Rodd - Easy Agile
Stephanie Cully - Scrum Life Consulting
Peter Scobie - Atlassian
Siri Kommedahl - Atlassian
Bjorn Doehler - Resolution
Nikki Zavadska - Jexo
🟢 Afterparty: Day 3 | 8AM - 10AM UTC
Sajit Nair - Trundl
Nikki Zavadska - Jexo
👉👉👉UPDATE: Submissions for speakers are now closed, thank you so much for your interest in speaking on the event. We'll be happy to see you next year!
What benefits do featured donors get?
Branding opportunities are available for featured donors as a thank you to those who donate a minimum of $500:
● Social media posts from Jexo, resolution and Old Street Solution thanking the donor
● Logo and link to website on the PM72 Landing Page. Shown in order of the donation amount
● Logo shown in the Thank you donors slide in between speaking sessions
● Run demos in the Expo area of the Virtual networking space on Welo
We’re offering additional thank you benefits to donation of at least $5k:
● Logo in Welo for the Virtual Afterparty events
● Short 15 to 30 seconds Promo video played at least 3 times during peak hours (at different time zones)
● Resource links sent by email, post event to the newsletter email list (numbers TBC)
● Reference to speaking session and content in the post event retrospective
● Top donor logo to be shown on one of the featured talks. ie Jurgen Appelo talk
For more on donor branding opportunities, please get in touch with us.