If someone asks you to create a Jira ticket clarify if you should create it via the support portal or directly in Jira.
Creating Jira ticket Step-by-step
👉 From the support portal
- In the support portal select what kind of request you're going to raise (eg. IT support, report a bug, and so on)
- Then fill in the Summary and additional required fields
- Click on the Send button
- Jira ticket was now created in the Jira Service management and the team is ready to pick it up
👉 From Jira
- In the main Jira navigation menu click on the Create button
- Select type of the ticket and project where you would like to raise the Jira ticket
- Fill Summary and the required fields
- Click on the Create button
- Jira ticket is now create in the selected project and appears in the project backlog
📕 About Jira How-To Series
Jira how-tos is a video series created by Jexo where we answer some of the most popular questions about using Jira. These videos are designed to help you learn how Jira works in an easy step-by-step manner to help you get started in no time.
👉 Are you managing projects in Jira? Take a look at Jexo's plugins