Assign story points in Jira in company-managed project
- First, enable the story points field if you can't find it in the Jira issue
- Open Jira issue and click on the Configuration on the bottom right corner
- In the issue layout screen check the Hidden fields section
- If you can find Story points field in the Hidden fields drag and drop it to the view to enable it
- If you can't find the Story points field here click on the link in the header "To add more fields, or configure field tabs for this screen, go to ..."
- In the Configure issue screen scroll down and select Story points field from the dropdown
- Now go back to Jira, open the issue, and find Story points field on the right side
- Click on the field, add a number value and click outside to save. And you're done!
Assign story points in team-managed projects
- First, enable the story points estimation in Project settings > Features > Estimation (Story points)
- Open issue in Jira
- Find Story points estimation field on the right side of the issue
- Click into the field, add a number and you're done!
📕 About Jira How-To Series
Jira how-tos is a video series created by Jexo where we answer some of the most popular questions about using Jira. These videos are designed to help you learn how Jira works in an easy step-by-step manner to help you get started in no time.
👉 Are you managing projects in Jira? Take a look at Jexo's plugins