What did we talk about?
- Announcing Codegeist 2021 Winning Forge Apps
- Early access program for a new Team field in Jira Software
- Marketplace Revenue Share Updates
- [Recap] Team Office Hours: AMA on the 4-day workweek
- Call for all Jira Software experts: Announcing #JiraHeroes!
- Atlassian 2021 Sustainability Report
Watch the video here 👇
Or listen to our podcast 🎧
Announcing Codegeist 2021 Winning Forge Apps
Last Monday the winning submissions for the Codegeist hackathon were announced.
There were over 150 submissions of apps built with Forge. Well deserved to the all winners across all three categories: DevOps, IT, and Business.
Early access program for a new Team field in Jira Software
In this early access program, you'll get access to the new Teams field in Jira which will enable you to:
- Create and manage teams in Jira and then Associate Jira issues with these Teams.
- Because it's a Jira field you'll also be able to search and filter issues by Teams and create reports for issues by Team.
- And last you'll be able to view the issues associated with a team on the team profile.
If you're interested in the new Teams field you can sign up for an early access program using the form in this community post.
Marketplace Revenue Share Updates
An update to Marketplace's revenue share doesn't change much. There is no change in revenue share for cloud apps and in fact, there are only two changes:
- Server share, which was cut to 70% a while back, goes back to 75% to aid vendors in investing the extra revenue in evolving their cloud offering.
- Forge apps for the 95% share offered to partners in the first year of the app. This means that if you're in the middle of building a Connect app once you launch you'll get the regular 85% like existing apps.
[Recap] Team Office Hours: AMA on the 4-day workweek
In the previous Monday coffee's we mentioned upcoming Team Office Hours about the 4-day workweek. But don't worry if you missed it, there is a recording of the session where you can listen to Atlassian's team experience during the 4-day workweek experiment they run over the summer. The feelings were mixed but in general positive, if you're looking to switch to a 4-day workweek or experiment with a different working hours then this is worth watching.
Call for all Jira Software experts: Announcing #JiraHeroes!
Attention all Jira experts out there! Sharon from Atlassian just published a post inviting you to take part in this new spotlight series called Jira Heroes.
All you have to do is talk about your favorite tool, basically share your experience, insights, and best practices. A few topics are listed, like User Management, Automation, and Workflows, but you're not limited to that.
In return, you'll get an exclusive Jira Hero Community badge and your story post will be listed as a #JiraHeroes spotlight.
Atlassian 2021 Sustainability Report
In the Atlassian's sustainability report for the year 2021, you can find information about Atlassian's progress on sustainability, diversity, and inclusion but also volunteering and supporting non-profits.
In the report, it's mentioned that Atlassian reduced their emissions of CO2 significantly after 2019 by more than half! And is running 100% on renewable electricity. Also interestingly 84% of Atlassian's emissions come from suppliers, in the report, Atlassian mentioned that they are now focusing on the top 10 highest emitting suppliers to see how they can support.
In terms of People and diversity goals, Atlassian increased the representation of women in the company, now being 33% in total, and other minorities.