- 👉 Feedback wanted: Do you use Confluence pages natively within other products
- 👉 A new way to stay up to date with the Developer Changelog
- ⭐ ️Explore November’s updates in Jira Work Management
- 👉 Announcing changes to Microsoft Word import in Confluence
- 🗓 Weekly Atlassian Events Roundup
- ⭐ ️Confluence 8.0 (Server and Data Center) released
- 📚 Article of the week: 5 ways to give (thoughtful) thanks to your team
- 🎉 ️Adaptavist acquires Veniture
- 👉 8th META-INF Atlassian Day
- ⭐ ️Jira Workflow Toolbox - execute remote action
- ⭐ ️New App: Confidential Fields with Data Residency for Jira
Feedback wanted: Do you use Confluence pages natively within other products
Let's start this week with a new feedback opportunity.
The Atlassian team is looking for research participants to help shape their product roadmap for Confluence pages.
If you're using Confluence pages in Jira projects or Microsoft team and would like to contribute with your feedback, have a look at this post.
A new way to stay up to date with the Developer Changelog
We now have a centralized change log for developers where we can stay up-to-date with changes to various products.
This is a significant improvement. Developers and partners used to navigate a variety of forums and announcement boards to be aware about changes and how they can affect our products.
Additionally, this new consolidated landing page comes with an RSS feed for your team to be notified in your own slack channels.
Explore November’s updates in Jira Work Management
Great updates to Jira Work management:
- Now you can find unscheduled tasks in the side panel when looking at your calendar view and easily drag and drop them on the calendar. This makes scheduling tasks super simple.
- If you're using a list view you will notice a new option to expand the whole hierarchy to see all tasks at once.
- And last the improvement is board grouping. This one isn't yet launched but it's coming soon. You'll be able to group your board by Assignee, Priority, and Category. This is going to change the columns in your kanban board so you can see the tasks by assignee column.
If you're using Jira work management have a look at these new features and let us know what you think!
Announcing changes to Microsoft Word import in Confluence
On 7th January 2023, the old Microsoft Word import in Confluence will be deprecated in favor of new import experience.
The new Microsoft Word import workflow is already available. You can access and check it out when creating new Confluence pages.
If you import Word documents to Confluence quite often, do have a look at this post so you avoid any surprises.
Weekly Atlassian Events Roundup
This week is ultra-packed with events across the ecosystem.
- On Wednesday, you can attend the year in review event about Open DevOps
- On Thursday, High Velocity ITSM is taking place in London to close off the year.
Meet Jexo co-founders Biro Florin and Nikki Zavadska in person at High Velocity ITSM on Thursday.
As for partner-organized events, there are quite a lot this week:
- A local Magyar Atlassian Meetup by Meta-Inf on Tuesday
- A webinar about ITSM in JSM by Service Rocket on Tuesday
- Modus Create is hosting a webinar in partnership with AWS talking about migration to cloud for enterprises on Wednesday
- Interesting digital event from Cprime about why and how enterprises can benefit from cloud adoption on Thursday
Apart from that there's also a wealth of Community events this week.
Navigate to Goosly Atlassian Events page to see all events, links and details.
Confluence 8.0 (Server and Data Center) released
Confluence 8.0 for Server and Data Center is now available.
In the new version, you can find many security updates like third-party dependencies and update to Java 17. But you can also find new features like import/export space content, Copy space, and improved search.
If you're using Confluence on Data Center, have a look at this article to learn more about the upgrades.
5 ways to give (thoughtful) thanks to your team
And now to the article of the week. This time we have an article from the Trello blog talking about 5 ways to give thoughtful thanks to your team.
There is high impact of your gratitude on the team that you might not even know about. It increases empathy, sharpens decision making, makes us more social and feel good about ourselves.
Make sure you publicly praise your team for their achievements either on the public slack channel or at the meeting. You can also think of some thoughtful gifts.
But what's even more important is to create a Kudo culture in your organization where it's not only the manager who shows gratitude but the whole team.
So have a look at the article, and see how you can say thank you to your team.
We're introducing a new section on Monday Coffee:
Atlassian Partners and Developers News
We'll look at their announcements, events, major app upgrades, and new app launches. So if you want to be featured in our stream, there's a link for you to submit your updates.
Adaptavist acquires Veniture
We start with an exciting acquisition, Adaptavist acquires Veniture software consulting.
With this partnership, Adaptavist expands into Germany and Europe and is becoming the biggest Solution Partner in the ecosystem.
So congrats to both companies for the massive win and your exciting partnership.
8th META-INF Atlassian Day
Last week, the team behind the popular META-INF Atlassian Day announced the sponsorship packages for the 2023 event.
So if you're an Atlassian partner looking for ways to get more exposure or share your knowledge, do submit the sponsorship request form.
Jira Workflow Toolbox - execute remote action
Our friends at Decadis announced an important upgrade to their flagship app Jira Workflow Toolbox!
The ability to execute remote functions enabling users to run automation beyond Jira and grow automation workflows to Confluence, Trello or event tools outside Atlassian ecosystem. Pretty neat!
New App: Confidential Fields with Data Residency for Jira
In the new apps category, Bitvoodoo just launched an interesting app to help users in Jira cloud increase security and compliance around storing data in custom fields.
It helps with a better level of access management to individual fields and also allows storing data in specific countries.